Social Axe Throwing is an indoor axe throwing venue. We host parties of all types, corporate team building events, leagues, and walk-in customers. It is Social, Competitive, and Fun!
We highly recommend that you make a reservation for all groups of 6 or more, visit our calendar to find your day and time.
You can walk-in without a reservation and rent a lane for an hour, if we have one available. You can call in advance to see if we are busy but we do not hold lanes for walk-ins.
A Main Event is a social event we created around axe throwing. It is a 2-3 hour gathering of 6-100 people at one of our locations where a coach will teach the group to be safe, throw axes, and entertain them with a series of games. You cannot bring in outside food or beverages.
A Private Event is the same as a Main Event except you can bring in your own food and beverage and it can be scheduled during normal business hours or, at a time of your choosing, even if we aren’t open! Private Events must be booked at least a week ahead of time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, you can walk-in to any of our locations during normal business hours and rent a lane (one target) on an hourly basis.
We DO NOT RESERVE walk-in lanes.
Walk-ins are first-come, first-serve. You are welcome to wait in our lounge for the next available lane. If you choose to leave and come back you will lose your spot on the waiting list.
We have wooden targets and metal axes, we have designed the games and trained the coaches. You come in and we will show you how to be safe, how to throw the axe, and entertain you with some competitive games.
We have three ways to enjoy Social Axe Throwing:
1. Walk-in to any of our locations during normal business hours and rent a target/lane for an hour. There is limited availability of walk-in lanes and you cannot reserve a walk-in time.
2. Book a Main Event by selecting one of the available time spots on the calendar of the location of your choosing. This requires 6 people minimum during the week and 8 people minimum on the weekends (Friday and Saturday). Main Events can only be booked during regular business hours and you cannot bring any food or beverages.
3. Book a Private Event, same as a Main Event except you can bring in your own food and beverage and it can be scheduled during normal business hours or, at a time of your choosing, even if we aren’t open! Private Events must be booked at least a week ahead of time by contacting us at: email@example.com
Safety is our biggest concern, we will teach you the way to do it safely but, we need your help.
Please don’t bring in small children!
Please listen to your coaches and don't goof around, and remember it is AXE THROWING, not Nerf wars!
Please don’t come in if you have been drinking!
We require you to wear closed-toe shoes!
Flannel is optional but always produces a smile from our staff! We recommend you were comfortable clothing, a shirt that allows your arms a full range of motion will help a ton!
Oh, and a kick-axe attitude.
1. From the home page select the location you wish to visit and you will be taken to a calendar.
2. Select the date you wish to throw.
3. Pick from the available event times that fit the number of people you have attending.
4. Fill out the "Register" page and pay your deposit.
5. You will receive a confirmation email with the time and date of your event.
If you are looking for a time outside our normal business hours please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to accommodate your request.
You are not required to book in advance for a walk-in lane rental.
You are required to book in advance for a Main Event or Private Party, this guarantees you the event time that you would like and allows us to make sure one of our qualified coaches is available for you.
To complete the booking process you must pay the $60 non-refundable deposit
When you book a Main Event or Private Party a $60 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit will be taken to hold your time slot.
At the time of the event, we will collect from the party host, or each individual, the remainder of the event cost. We are happy to break it down individually for all your guests to pay with their own credit cards or cash.
If you paid the deposit online you will be given credit for your deposit.
Yes, we have a selection of canned soft drinks, bottled water, chips, and candy.
No outside food or drink, unless you have booked a Private Event.
We have a selection of waters, soda, chips, and candy for purchase.
If you have booked a Private Event you are only allowed to bring 12oz canned beverages. We do not allow any glass bottles.
This is a tough question and one we get all the time. We set our age limit to 15 yrs and older. Here is why: our axes are heavy, we have found that there are some 13 year olds who can handle throwing for 2 hours but most can't, so 15 became our age break.
We are sorry, but we are not interested in hosting your 10 year old drop-and-go birthday party. This is an axe-throwing venue and we need adults present to supervise young children.
We do welcome scout troupes
Yes, one of our coaches will show you how to be safe and throw successfully.
For a walk-in lane rental you can come by yourself.
For a Main Event the minimum is 6. Some of our locations require 8 as the minimum on our busiest weekend nights; Friday and Saturday.
For a Private Party our minimum package size is for 12 people. You can bring fewer, but your package price includes 12 throwers.
This is location dependent:
• Ogden location can handle 40 people maximum.
• Salt Lake City location can handle 100 people maximum.
Absolutely! From 5 to 100 people, we can create a custom team building experience like you have never experienced.
Please contact us at email@example.com to customize the event to meet your needs.
• Wed – Friday 5pm-9pm (last walk-in starts at 9pm)
• Saturday 2pm-9pm (last walk-in starts at 9pm)
Salt Lake City:
• Mon – Friday 11am-10pm (last walk-in starts at 10pm)
• Saturday 11am-10pm (last walk-in starts at 10pm)
Only if they are of throwing age and ability. We request that you leave all children at home who are not throwing. We charge for all spectators.
All spectators will be charged the same price as throwers.
At the time of your booking we will secure a credit card for the deposit.
All deposits are non-refundable.
Deposits can be transferred to a new booking time if 7 day advance notice is given.
Any changes to the booking time within 7 days of the event will require a new deposit.
If you have booked a Private Event you are allowed to bring 12oz can beverages. If you choose to bring beer we only allow 3 cans per person and they must be 12oz cans. They must be in a cooler, bag, or other container that will hide them from the general public view. We reserve the right to refuse the bringing in of any beer, or non-canned beverages.
We will check everyone's ID.
Your party will be put in a private area of our arenas and no beer can leave that area at any time.
If these rules are broken at any point during your event, we will remove the beer from your party and/or end the party.
▪ Please arrive 10 minutes early for your event to prepare for your class.
▪ Please Note that Gratuity is not included for the coach. Please show them your appreciation.
▪ Groupon and other discount passes are not valid for private events, unless specified
▪ Please let us know if your group is celebrating a special event